Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are your application guidelines and policies?
- All Adult applicants over the age of 18 must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee.
Applicant must provide proof of identity. A nonrefundable Application fee is $75.00 for the initial application and $75.00 for each
additional adult who may co-sign and/or plans to occupy the rental property.
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a cosigner.
A minimum of two years residential history is required.
- Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filing, collections, liens or bankruptcy
within the past 5 years. We will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents but will provide you with the name
of the credit reporting agency so you may receive a free copy.
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s.
- Non-employed individuals must provide proof of income.
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for misdemeanors for crimes involving violence, assault or battery, drugs, firearms;
felonies within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back “adjudication withheld”, “nolle prosse”,
or “adjudication deferred”, further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints
regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and
without damage at time of lease termination.
- No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord
in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional
security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets.
- Resident(s) will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of one month’s rent unless
otherwise stated or offered. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent. Non-United States
citizens will be required to pay additional deposits.
- Current occupancy standards are a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom except for infants under 2 years of age.
- We may require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved
and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall
be applied to the required security deposit.
- Any exceptions to these criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration.
If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliance’s with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau.
- Please review the Fair Housing Pledge
Q: Am I allowed to paint before or after I have moved in?
A: Any and all changes to the premises need to be approved before proceeding. You must submit your request in writing to the property manager along with a sample of the color. You will be required to re-paint to the original color upon vacating the premises.
Q: Do I pay first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?
A: We require the equivalent of one month’s rent on a minimum for security deposit and the full first month’s rent up prior to move in
Any pet fees must be paid prior to move in
Q: How do I pay rent?
A: Once you are a tenant, you will be required to make your rental payment online through your tenant portal.
Q: How old do you have to be to apply?
A: All adults 18 and older must submit an application
Q: I did not have a pet when I moved in but now I want to get one. Can I get a pet in the middle of my lease term?
A: First, you need to email your property manager with your request to add a pet. You do not want to move the pet in without permission, you could face possible eviction. The property manager needs to submit this matter to the landlord/ owner, and sometimes to the HOA/COA. If the pet is approved you will be required to pay a non-refundable pet fee per pet and possibly an additional rent charge will be added monthly. In addition, you will be required to sign and date a Pet Addendum.
Q: I do not want to renew my lease, how much notice do I need to give?
A: Per your lease you are required to give the property management office a 30 day notice that you do not wish to renew.
Q: I want to get a pet. What do I do?
A: Contact your property coordinator to see if the pet will be approved.
Q: I want to purchase a home and was told I could break my lease, is this true?
A: No, this is not true you are still required to fulfill your lease agreement. You can discuss this matter with the property manager and try to work out an agreement to vacate early.
Q: My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?
A: Our team will contact you in writing 45 days prior to your lease expiration to go over details.
Q: When is my rent due and how can I pay for rent?
A: Rent is due on the 1st of each month and as a courtesy we extend a three-day grace period.
Per your lease, if your rent payment is not received by the end of the three-day grace period
late rent will be added, plus the cost of the process server. You can pay your rent online via
your tenant portal
at no additional charge, as long as it is not late. You also have the option
of paying with your bar code at 7-Eleven with cash. Under no circumstances will cash be accepted.
Q: You have a property I want to rent. How do I apply?
A: You can go directly to the property on our website and click on Apply Now to fill out your app, pay for your application fee, upload and required documents to complete the application approval.
Click Here to read more about our Resident Portal Overview.